Monday, July 2, 2012

Telling the fam . . .

So with this pregnancy I was starting to show a little sooner than my first, this is normal. So we decided to tell both of our families a little bit earlier than we did with marcus. We had family dinner planned for the month of june for Dave's family at our house so we decided to announce it then. We went through so many ideas - write it on the back porch in sidewalk chalk, have it written and hidden under the rolls, announce it in a prayer (dave didn't have the guts to do this one). Dave saw an idea on pinterest and I thought it would be funny and I was tired of thinking of ideas. So here is how we announced to Dave's family:



We actually told my mom first out of all of the family. It was Mother's Day and I wasn't feeling well and I wanted to tell someone so I asked Dave if he thought it would be ok if we told my mom, he said yes. So when we were skyping I had Marcus where his shirt that said "Big Bro" and we had him sit in front of the computer. My mom was happy, not surprised but happy. So we did the same with my family.



And finally here is how we announced to the world of Baby Kelly #2:




4 comments:

The Tews said...

That watermelon baby turned out great - super cute!

The Dabo's said...

Cute! I did a similar thing with my family with Esther. It was around Halloween so I used a pumpkin with a binky. My Mom and Grandma could not figure it out. For like 10 minutes. So I had to finally tell them. Seriously sometimes I wonder about where I came from. Anyways I'm so excited for you!

Aimee said...

Love the couch! Are you liking it?

Gayle J. Randall said...

What cute idea! Did the family catch on quickly? Anyway, it's nice that everyone knows now. I, for one, am happy not to have a secret to keep any longer. I was so worried I would forget and tell someone. P.S. I'd like to see a post with your new furniture!