Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pioneer Day Birthday Boy Part 2

Dave and I of course wanted Marcus to feel special on his 2nd birthday. We started last year with going in to his room with the video camera singing "Happy Birthday". This year, he was a little cranky :)


I put crepe paper up on his doorway and as soon as he saw that he stopped crying. We blew up balloons and played with those while we made a yummy birthday breakfast. Sprinkle pancakes - we tried to have him blow out the candles but he wasn't having it. We also tried eating outside but was soon attacked by wasps so we moved it inside.




 We also let Marcus have as many popsicles as she wanted, he was in heaven!

 you can't really see his mouth but it's blue, he ate the blue crepe paper

The aftermath

We then headed over to walmart to get one of Marcus's presents. We waited until his birthday party on Saturday to give him his presents. We bought Toy Story 2 because it's the only one we don't have. He was beyond excited and we had so much fun with movie time. We made homemade popcorn and got close to finishing the movie before Marcus wanted lunch.




We had mac n' cheese for lunch, Marcus's favorite, and then he took a good long nap. When he woke up he wanted to play outside so we got out the snaps (the only fireworks we did for the 24th) and he would snap them in between his fingers and even ate a few.

 After dinner we ate a yummy chocolate cake made by both mommy and daddy. Marcus just wanted to eat the sprinkles but he loved the cake, just like he did on his 1st birthday.


One more Popsicle to finish off dinner

We ended the day with a bubble bath. Marcus loves taking bubble baths and could stay in there for hours with the bubbles.


I still can't believe he is 2, this last year went faster than the first did. I love the little boy that he is becoming and he makes me laugh every day! I never imagined I would have a blonde hair blue eyed little boy who looks like Dave and I combined. I see Dave every time I look at him and I'm so grateful to have him in my life. As I sang to him before bed and snuggled with him, I just cried (partly due to pregnancy hormones) as I thought of when he was born. That day changed my life forever and I would have no idea the joy I would feel becoming a mom to this special boy.


1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a fun mother you are! This birthday sounds like one fun thing after another! He is so blessed to have you and Dave as parents. He cannot help but feel loved and wanted and cared for. No child could ask for anything more.