Monday, July 30, 2012

18 week baby bump



This pregnancy is going very medium speed, it's nice. It's not too fast but not too slow. In fact the gender ultrasound kind of creeped up on me and about 2 days before I was talking to Dave and said that I couldn't believe we were going to find out already the gender. (a different post will be about the gender reveal)

I am finally getting my appetite back and feel great that way. I felt the most horrible pain in my sciatic nerve the other night. I don't remember having that lower back pain with Marcus but Dave said I did. It's my lower back that usually hurts but this was sharp shooting pain. It went away in the morning but then it came back but this time in my leg, weird. I think I'm just getting older and not realizing it :) Plus I should be exercising and I'm not. I am looking in to getting a pregnancy yoga dvd at the library to see if I should invest in one.

I am definitely nesting already. The other day Dave was on his way home and I told him we were finishing a few projects around the house. He was great to say ok and help start them, we are still working on finishing them. I am brainstorming about ideas for the nursery and how to turn our dog theme into a girl dog theme.

Marcus points to his belly anytime I talk about the baby. It's really cute. He can say "baby" but only when he wants to. It's hard when I lay down because he wants to crawl all over me. I haven't yet felt the baby kick but I found out in my ultrasound that my placenta is on the front so that's probably why I haven't felt the baby kick. The ultrasound tech was so great to explain that to me that now I'm not worried I haven't felt any kicks. I can't wait to feel the kicks, that's when you and your family gets to bond with the baby in a small way.


1 comment:

Jessie said...

I own a pregnancy yoga DVD if you want to borrow it :)