Sunday, July 8, 2012

Independence Day 2012

The 4th of July came so fast this year and I was so excited. I love family time and doing fun things. The Randall tradition of going down to Provo to the Hot Air Balloon Festival was a highlight. Marcus loved the balloons and was in awe of them as they were being blown up and took off. He continually pointed up at them.













We didn't do breakfast at the festival we went to Denny's afterwards and had yummy pancakes. We then went and hung out at the Fowler's while we waited for our movie time. We were skeptical about taking Marcus to a movie because he won't watch movies at home but we thought we would try. We saw Madagascar 3 and Dave and I saw about half of it. Marcus watched a little bit but then was all over the theatre and wanted to eat what everyone else had to eat. We went home, all took naps because we woke up at 5 AM to get down to Provo. We were all refreshed for hanging out with the Kelly family. We had a nice dinner of Pizza at our house with Dave's parents, Aunt Megan, and The Moses family. It was so relaxing and a great end to our 4th of July. We didn't stay up to do fireworks this year because of the fires but we were so exhausted we didn't care. I have to say though my week was completely messed up because the 4th was in the middle of the week on Wednesday - I'm glad next year it is on a Thursday.

1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

The 4th of July traditions continue! There's something inspiring about seeing all those balloons rising. It just gives you a happy feeling--I'm not sure why. But our family does love this tradition--I hope it continues! Your pictures are beautiful--so colorful. I like the one of Gavin and Jarom--they don't have as many photo ops.