Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lucy :: 6 months

I can't keep up with these posts, it seems that the time is going faster and faster with Lucy. She is officially half a year old. She is the light in our house right now. Marcus is so full of energy and Lucy is full of smiles and giggles. She is still a great baby and continues to amaze me.

She is sleeping through the night still 8-8 and takes two naps a day. I can't remember when she dropped the 3rd late afternoon nap. She now takes a nap about 10-12 and then in the afternoon from 2-4. (luckily she sleeps the same time as her brother which gives mommy some time to herself)

She is sitting up great, still a little wobbly. She hasn't shown any signs of wanting to crawl which is fine by me. I don't want her growing up too fast! She will put anything in her mouth she can get her hands on.

Her hair is growing so fast that I'm not sure what to do with it. It's not long enough to put in a pony tail and she usually takes her head band off and chews on it, which then ruins it. I need to make some little decorative clips to put in her hair. I have to admit it is so much fun to have a girl with hair to do.

As for eating she is struggling with this part of growing up. She will get so excited when we get our her spoon but only to chew on it. She will spit out any food we put in her mouth. Our pediatrician wasn't concerned and said some babies don't eat until 9 or 10 months. Her weight is on track so I'm not concerned. She is still nursing great, about 4-5 times a day.

She is warming up to Marcus. In the mornings when she sees him through the crib slats she gets a big grin on her face. She just wants him to keep her distance and to not be so rough. It's a constant battle to get him to understand how to be gentle.

Stats:
   Weight - 15 pounds (50th percentile)
   Length - 25 3/4 (50th percentile)
    Head - 43 inches (75th percentile)












No comments: