Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

We had a low-key Father's Day this year. I spoke in church and invited my parents to come listen since I would be talking mostly about my dad. It was such a fun day to spend with my dad. Dave was so lucky to get some new grilling stuff including a a grilling superman apron and grilling tray. We also made him a cute photo mug, he said he doesn't have a mug big enough for hot chocolate in the winter.




 Dave is such a great dad to these two kiddies. They both just idolize him. Marcus I know would rather be with Dave than me any time of the day. I don't take it personally but love that Marcus has a best friend in his dad. Lucy always has big smiles for Dave in the morning and when he gets home from work.


We made an early dinner after church. Dave said he didn't mind grilling so we grilled chicken, my mom brought a pasta salad and then we made homemade key lime ice cream (now one of Dave's favorites).

My dad is such an inspiration to me and I'm so lucky to have him as a father. He immensely affected how I grew up and the values I learned. I always know my dad will be there to help me and my family with anything!


After my parents left we had a great time enjoying our yard and being outside with daddy.



Then we grilled smores, one of Dave's favorite desserts. I won't let him put in a fire pit in our backyard because I'm too scared of our kids getting burned or making a mess. So the grill will have to do. :)





1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

This was such a fun day! We had a wonderful time with your family! Your yard is beautiful and is such a calming place to be! Thanks for the great Father's Day!