Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lehi Round-up Parade

One of my favorite days of the year is the Lehi Round-up Parade. Growing up in a small town like Lehi (it used to be small) was such a rarity I guess. I didn't realize it at the time but I thought every town did a parade with ward floats but only Lehi I guess. It makes me so proud to have grown up in Lehi. This year was especially fun because my nephew Gavin was marching in the Lehi Marching Band playing saxophone. My parents brought their BYU canopy we got them for Christmas last year and it was perfect for the hot morning.


The kids lined the front and had their bags ready to get the candy. Marcus was in heaven with the candy and would even give it to the strangers sitting next to us. He was mesmerized by the floats that would go by. I loved that he could be with his cousins and building relationships with them. 






Here is Gavin in the band. He is in the front two over from the right. He was stone faced the entire time we were screaming for him and when Kyle was out in front of him. We were so proud of him and loved cheering him on. We were pretty loud so I'm sure he was embarrassed. 







The highlight of the parade was when the cosmo fan came by and cosmo got off the top of the van and came over to our tent. He saw the big "Y" on our canopy and came right over to us and gave his high fives and thumbs up. Marcus wasn't scared but gave him a high five. My little nieces and nephews were so cute and so excited. You can see Kate with her hands on her head and so excited.





1 comment:

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a fun day! It's all about the memories! You got some great pics!