Before Lucy was born I tried to do a lot of research on having two kids. I was terrified that I wasn't going to be able to handle taking care of two and loving two kids. I know it sounds funny but I didn't know how I would love both my kids. I love Marcus so much and I was worried I wouldn't give as much love to our little girl. I thought I had found a lot of good articles and knew what to expect.
Nothing can prepare you for two kids, except just having two kids. Loving two kids was the least of my problems. Somehow your heart finds the love to give to two kids. You don't love one more than the other but you love them the same.
Marcus has loved having a baby sister. I have loved seeing them together and can't wait to see their relationship grow. There have been bumps in the last two months that have surprised me. I was hoping Marcus would have started talking more, hopefully the speech therapy will help. Marcus has tested my patience in ways I didn't know possible. There have been many tears shed and many moments of my patience being lost. However Marcus and I have grown in a lot of ways.
The good moments of seeing Marcus kiss his baby sister and want to help me with her outweigh the frustrating ones. I love Marcus and Lucy with all of my heart. I can't imagine my life without either of them, even though I am scared about the future and how I will handle everything.
Nothing can prepare you for two kids, except just having two kids. Loving two kids was the least of my problems. Somehow your heart finds the love to give to two kids. You don't love one more than the other but you love them the same.
Marcus has loved having a baby sister. I have loved seeing them together and can't wait to see their relationship grow. There have been bumps in the last two months that have surprised me. I was hoping Marcus would have started talking more, hopefully the speech therapy will help. Marcus has tested my patience in ways I didn't know possible. There have been many tears shed and many moments of my patience being lost. However Marcus and I have grown in a lot of ways.
The good moments of seeing Marcus kiss his baby sister and want to help me with her outweigh the frustrating ones. I love Marcus and Lucy with all of my heart. I can't imagine my life without either of them, even though I am scared about the future and how I will handle everything.

2 comments:
I think everyone has those same fears when adding another child to the family. We all have days of lost patience. I'm sure you are doing wonderfully!
I am excited to hear how the speech therapy goes with Marcus. I'm sure he'll catch right up!
You are not alone! Every mother wonders about loving another. It just happens--that's the miracle of it. You're doing better than you know. You'll continue to take one day at a time just like you have been doing. I love you! I am proud of you!
Post a Comment