Sunday, February 17, 2013

Winter Hybernation

When we found out our due date with Lucy i remember thinking how fun it would be to just stay inside during the snow storms and hold little Lucy and watch marcus play with his toys. I was so naive. I've never experienced a longer winter in my life. The only good thing is that Lucy has made the time go by faster. We were planning all along to keep her inside most of the winter but when the flu season got so bad we extended the deadline to her baby blessing, which will be Easter. So the only places she has gone out has been to the doctor's for her check-ups, Target, Costco, one family get together, and in the car while we go through the drive thru. Marcus is going stir-crazy and doesn't understand why he can't go places or go to church. We took him to Dave's family dinner and he stood in the corner for 10 minutes not knowing what to do. He's lost all of his social skills by being inside the last 2 months.

We have had some fun indoors. Here's a list of a few things we have done:
  • Homemade play dough
  • Building forts
  • playing the piano
  • reading "The Friend"
  • coloring
  • painting
  • baking bread and cookies
  • playing in the tub
  • shoveling snow 
  • building a snowman
  • taking pictures on mommy's phone without her knowing
  • reading all the books we get from the library
  • and of course watching our favorite shows: Word World, Super Why, and Blues Clues 







1 comment:

The Tews said...

I don't blame you for staying in hibernation - there is sickness everywhere!!! Marcus is going to be the happiest kid alive when Easter finally comes! Do you like your homemade play-dough recipe? I'm thinking I should make some instead of buying it.