I have missed the last two weeks because of our Lake Powell trip and Marcus being sick. As the weeks go on I am getting more and more excited to meet this little girl, however I can wait until she comes on time hopefully. I felt little peanut move about two weeks ago when I was laying in bed watching "Downton Abbey" on the i-pad. It was a small kick and since then when I do feel her kick she is very subtle, not anything like with Marcus. The first time I felt Marcus kick I could feel it every time he kicked and Dave also could feel it on my belly. But with little peanut I have not had a really prominent kick for Dave to feel. I usually feel her at night and when I'm laying down. I also feel her kick in my lower belly.
At my 20 week appointment I had another ultrasound and had the baby measured. She is measuring a week ahead but that doesn't mean they change my due date. She weighs one pound and I was shocked she is measuring one week ahead. I thought she would be a tiny thing, being a girl. I just hope she comes before Christmas so I am not in the hospital on Christmas :)
I am trying to figure out how to change our puppy boy nursery into a puppy girl nursery. I don't want to spend a lot of money and time but I want it to be girly enough for me (the nursery is really there for the parents and not the baby:)
Dave and I have started talking about names, we both have one we each like, once we go through a few more then I will post them and get a poll. I secretly think I will win out on this one since dave won with Marcus
I am having so much fun shopping for girl stuff at all the stores we go to. I now can look at all the cute girl outfits at Costco and Target. Since the season is off I'm not buying a lot but enjoy looking. Dave mentioned the other day that I was happy to have a girl so that I have someone to watch "Tangled" with, I hadn't thought of it but it started me thinking of all of the fun things I can now do with a girl that I couldn't do with a boy. Girls night out and doing hair!
I haven't had any cravings lately just really hungry. My back and sciatic nerve are hurting quite often, I attribute it to holding Marcus a lot because he was sick. I am getting so excited for Fall and wearing sweaters, I wasn't big during the fall with Marcus. I have been planning all of the sewing projects I need to get done in the next few months. The main one being to make the nursery pink and girly and then covering our car seat, we unfortunately did not get a gender neutral color. The time is going quickly, as I got the update on my babycenter app that said I was halfway through I couldn't believe it!
Here is a comparison from Marcus at 20 weeks. I'm a little bigger. I wasn't very good at taking pregnancy pictures with Marcus. I feel a lot more pregnant this time than I did last time.
1 comment:
This little girl will love to read this post when she is 20 weeks pregnant. You will both be glad you documented this! I am glad, too!
Post a Comment