Thursday, August 16, 2012

Gender Reveal

Dave and I knew we wanted to know the gender with this baby. We don't have the patience to wait nine long months. Plus I am a planner. I have loved looking around at pinterest and found a really cute post about how to reveal the gender to you and your family at the same time with a box and balloons. I thought it would be so fun to find out with our family surrounding us instead of just in the doctor's office with our doctor. So I asked my doctor if we could do the ultrasound early (about 17 weeks) so we could do the reveal at Marcus's second birthday party. He said to schedule the ultrasound with the technician, before with marcus my doctor found the gender at 16 weeks. So this was a little different but I was happy we could make it work. The ultrasound tech was so cute, a woman of course, and we told her our plans and gave her the envelope with a piece of paper to write it down. We saw all the little arms and legs of the baby and Marcus was there also. When she checked for the gender she told us to look away, I looked at Dave and made him promise me he wouldn't peek. I was worried the tech wouldn't be able to see because the baby's legs were crossed. After a few minutes she said the baby cooperated. This was a Friday, I went home with Marcus and Dave went to work. I had the envelope all day and it was hard at times but I love surprises and just pictured how fun it would be with to find out with our family. Deep down I had a gut feeling that the gender was a girl. Dave knew with Marcus that he was a boy and I had no idea. However this pregnancy has been a lot worse and I knew it was because I was having a girl, but deep down I wondered if it was another boy. I always dreamed of having boys in bunk beds and have a little brother for Marcus to play with.


At Marcus's party we decided to have lunch first and then open the box. Everyone was really excited for us and very antsy! We had my parents on skype on our i-pad so that they would be able to see the balloons when they floated up. I had my best friends, Ashleigh, help out with the balloons. She was the first to see what gender our baby is. Dave and I bought a small helium tank and then bought pink and blue balloons and had her open the envelope in a room and blow up the right color of balloons and tape up the box. The box was suppose to be wrapped, I didn't get time to wrap it with the party planning, but it was the box our living room chairs had come in.

Dave and I got Marcus around the box and with scissors very carefully opened the box to let the balloons fly out, it was so exciting! Here was the result.....


IT'S A GIRL!!!!

I wasn't too suprised but Dave was! He just thought about how expensive it was going to be to pay for clothes and hair bows, etc. I told him I won't go overboard. Here are some more pictures of the fun reveal.






 Dave said he didn't beleive the ultrasound tech. We had Ashleigh put the ultrasound pictures in the bottom of the box. There were 3 pictures all showing three little lines - meaning it was a girl - sorry Dave :)



 The balloons got stuck in the trees because of the wind, so cute

 The ultrasound tech was so cute, look how she wrote it (much better than how my doctor would have written it!)


5 comments:

OLIVERSONFAM said...

SO CUTE!!
I LOVE that you had NO IDEA, along with everyone else!
CONGRATS!! I can't wait for her to get here. She is going to be WAY TOO CUTE!!

Grandmakicki said...

I loved how you told us. It was great to be in person and to see Dave's face. I am excited to have another granddaughter in the family. What a fun day it was.

Emily said...

So cute! You will love having a girl and I guarantee Dave will be in love. So excited for you!

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a fun day that was! Now you will have a little girl who one day will do another clever gender reveal that is even better than yours! That's how it works--each generation gets better than the last. So proud of you and so happy for you!

Chelsea said...

How exciting!!! I was getting antsy just reading the posts. Girls are so much fun. COngrats!!