We had Lucy's blessing planned for Easter for a while. Ever since we found out my parents would be coming home early from their mission for various reasons, we had it planned for Easter. I knew it would be hard having it on Easter but after time I realized how special a day it would be to have Lucy's blessing on Easter.
My sweet Grandma Jordan offered to make Lucy's blessing dress. I found one that I loved on pinterest and she copied the picture. The dress turned out amazing and absolutely perfect! I made her bow and she wore the same pearl brooch that I wore in my headband on my wedding day. I also made her a cute little pearl bracelet. The pearls on the back of her dress are picked out from my grandma jordan's collection of pearls and buttons. All three are not the same size, so unique. Her cute little shoes are from etsy, they just happened to match the flowers perfectly. I think she looks beautiful and everything turned out perfectly!
Her blessing was beautiful and our wonderful family was there to support us. Lucy was perfect through the blessing, no crying. I had dave put a binky in his pocket but he didn't need it. The only thing that went wrong was that Lucy pooped one minute before the blessing. As I was nursing her that morning I was thinking "she hasn't pooped in over a day, she is going to poop right before the blessing". Sure enough she did. Yellow poop on her beautiful white dress. I had Dave put a swaddle blanket underneath her dress to make sure it wouldn't leak but it still did. I had to change her right after. My mom, who is amazing at getting stains out, was able to get it out of her dress later that day.
We had a yummy brunch of a fruit and yogurt bar with muffins, donut holes, and mini pancakes. It was all so yummy and fun to be with family and friends.
My sweet Grandma Jordan offered to make Lucy's blessing dress. I found one that I loved on pinterest and she copied the picture. The dress turned out amazing and absolutely perfect! I made her bow and she wore the same pearl brooch that I wore in my headband on my wedding day. I also made her a cute little pearl bracelet. The pearls on the back of her dress are picked out from my grandma jordan's collection of pearls and buttons. All three are not the same size, so unique. Her cute little shoes are from etsy, they just happened to match the flowers perfectly. I think she looks beautiful and everything turned out perfectly!
Her blessing was beautiful and our wonderful family was there to support us. Lucy was perfect through the blessing, no crying. I had dave put a binky in his pocket but he didn't need it. The only thing that went wrong was that Lucy pooped one minute before the blessing. As I was nursing her that morning I was thinking "she hasn't pooped in over a day, she is going to poop right before the blessing". Sure enough she did. Yellow poop on her beautiful white dress. I had Dave put a swaddle blanket underneath her dress to make sure it wouldn't leak but it still did. I had to change her right after. My mom, who is amazing at getting stains out, was able to get it out of her dress later that day.
Both Marcus and Dave start sneezing when they get in the bright sun. Marcus could not stop sneezing, it was hilarious.
We had a yummy brunch of a fruit and yogurt bar with muffins, donut holes, and mini pancakes. It was all so yummy and fun to be with family and friends.
My Grandma Jordan that made Lucy's dress
Four generations of the Jordan/Randall women
No comments:
Post a Comment