Saturday, March 30, 2013

3rd times a charm

My parents just returned from their third mission from Sierra Leone Africa. I was more excited for them to return from this mission than any other. Probably because we had Lucy and my parents were not here for her birth. With each of my parents mission returns Dave and I have had something big happen in our lives. With the first mission return Dave and I were married a week later. With the second mission Marcus was born two weeks later. With this mission homecoming we had Lucy to show off and her baby blessing 3 days later (more on that later). Marcus was so excited because he has talked with "pa" and "ma" on skype for the last year and a half. Because he has been obsessed with airplanes I told him grandma and grandpa were coming home on an airplane. Every plane we saw he thought grandma and grandpa were on. Needless to say he was so excited to go to the airport. Dave and I used my parents homecoming as a deadline to try and get a few things done at the house. We replaced the toilet downstairs, repainted the downstairs bathroom, and finished odds and ends around the house. I did all my spring cleaning in our house! When march 28th finally came we were so excited! We blew up some balloons with our little helium tank. Marcus loved the balloons and was so excited to give them to grandma and grandpa.









We love having them home!!!

No comments: