Saturday, October 23, 2010
Turning 30
I turned 30 on October 22nd this year. Normally I wouldn't post about my birthday but I wanted to write down some thought I had about turning 30. For me this was a big birthday. I am no longer in my 20's, which is weird because I still feel like I should be in high school. I was talking to Dave about how when I was younger I would wonder where I would be and what I would be doing at 30. Well I can't complain one bit. My life has not turned out how I thought it would be, as most people could say about their lives. However my life is exactly where I want it to be. I have an amazing husband who makes me laugh and makes me want to be better. He treats me with kindness and respect. We have a beautiful child who is the most amazing thing in my life right now. We have a very nice home that keeps us comfortable. I have a great education, which I was not planning on having, and am able to have a great career also. I have no complaints and embrace turning 30. I am always telling the amazing elderly people I work with that the best way to be happy in life is to embrace aging and not fight it. Do what your body is telling you to and treat it with kindness and you will be happy. So I'm excited for the years ahead and the happiness they may bring. These flowers Dave bought for me were so beautiful. For my birthday I spent the entire day with my hubby and Marcus, nothing could have been more perfect. I didn't want a huge party, but just wanted to spend time with my cute little family. Dave took me shopping up to the outlets and I got new clothes and clothes for Marcus. It was a perfect day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy 30th! You had such a perfect day! You know just what makes you happy and you are happy with what you have. You have developed an "attitude of gratitude" I am proud of you, my 30-year-old daughter!
Post a Comment