Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summer in review



I know the summer is not over yet but here are a few things Dave and I have been doing during the summer that have no pictures or deserve a whole blog post:

  • Dave is in his last semester of school for the rest of his life, which means school twice a week for 3 hours each night - we are so close!!
  • Harry Potter Midnight movie with my family - dave doesn't do well without sleep so I traveled to Lehi to see the movie with my siblings and my nephew Gavin - it was Awesome! (except for the ending) - I love this family tradition and can't wait to do it next year
  • Working 50 hours a week - you would think this wouldn't be that hard when your husband is gone all week but I'm worn out - I have a job working as a research assistant and I do work when they have work for me to - it's great for the extra money but when do I find time to do the laundry and clean?
  • weekend getaways - these are great but when your weekends are gone then when do you find time to catch up on the things you normally do during the weekend?
  • Tending to a garden (this will get a post) I had no idea it took so much work!! Plus what do you do when you are first year gardener's and you don't know what your doing so you plant too much and you can't eat it fast enough? Anybody want any Zucchini or tomatoes?
That's our summer so far. Dave only has three more days of school!! We are so close to leading normal lives!!

4 comments:

T Fowler said...

Hang in there! Just think of the celebrating you can do in three days (wait! you'll be celebrating with us at Yellow Pine!).

I like the moose!

cwilson said...

Congrats on being almost done with school! It will be so nice for you guys! By the way...did you know the 10 yr reunion is on the 22nd? check the reunion blog (connected to my blog) if you need info! Hope to see you there!

Ben and Ash said...

Looks like you guys have had a GREAT summer. Love your moose picture...awesome!

Gayle J. Randall said...

How sweet it will be when Dave is finished. It's a great example of opposition in all things. The time after he's finished will be so great because he has worked so hard to get there. Congratulations to Dave! Congratulations to you for working so hard 50 hours per week to help with your financial goals! I like the moose picture too!