Sunday, August 23, 2009

Annual 24th of July Kelly camping trip

So Dave and I were so excited for the annual Kelly camping trip over the 24th of july. Every year we go over the 24th of July camping for about 5 days and we get as dirty as possible. This year we probably set a record for how stinky we all got, but we had a blast!! Here is the whole gang.



So we had a visitor in our camp, this is our moose, as seen on the top of our blog, he's kind of become part of the family :)Fly fishing is a must with the Kelly family. I just started fly fishing last year and this year I was determined to catch a fish. Surprise, I actually caught one!! Of course we just catch and release but this little guy was my first fish with a fly and I was so happy. As you can see from the picture below.
This was Dave and I's tent name. See previous posts about Dave's graduating name of David Wonka Kelly. Dave's sister Emily commented on that post that we should name our tent the "Wonka Factory"

Here is our camp, we got a big site to fit everyone



Dave's family always takes a hike, so we hiked to this lake, it was gorgeous.

My family always did water balloons when we went camping so I talk the Kelly's into doing it every year. We had fun doing the water balloons.

Most of the trip we spent playing games, specifically "hand and foot", dave's family has a lot of fun playing it (even though it sometimes gets too competitive and out of control)

Dave's parent loved sitting around the fire and watching all the kids play games and laugh. Thanks mom and dad Kelly for a wonderful camping trip and REALLY good food!!

3 comments:

T Fowler said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love the moose; that's great. I'm glad you weren't too camped out to come with us. Camping is one of the best vacations.

Gayle J. Randall said...

I love the moose! When I saw that picture on your blog I thought you downloaded it off the internet! Wow! What photographers! Loved the little fish. It made me smile and laugh. Grandpa Jordan would be proud. He's a fly fisherman, too! Pull up your blog when you're out there sometime and show him! I want to come to the Kelly campout--you all have lots of fun!

Grandmakicki said...

I am glad that we all come together for this camping trip. I do like to have all of the family there and you are right, I love to hear the laughter and the stories that were not told when everybody lived at home. I love it.