Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lehi Round-up Yeehaw!!

Everyone who knows me knows I grew up in Lehi hating country music, cowboys, etc. Well if you ever want to break that just grow up with a friend like Ashleigh Smith!! She gave up her ticket to a Garth Brooks concert in high school so that I could go and I have loved country ever since!! Along with growing up in Lehi is the Lehi Round-up week. They have a lot of fun carnivals, the rodeo and the ward float parade. Dave and I couldn't make it to the float parade this year, hopefully next year. But I promised my friend Ashleigh that this year we would make it to her rodeo barbeque and to the rodeo. Last year we were in Hava supai so we didn't make it. This year Dave and I dressed up with the hat he got in Mexico and the belt buckle I got from my little brother who served part of his mission in Texas. We had a blast!! Thanks ash!!


Dave at the BBQ and the cowboy boot pinata!!


welcome to the Lehi Rodeo!!


Our belt buckle's


This was Dave's first rodeo (secretly I think he loved it!!)


My friend Andrea from Snow College, and my friend Ashleigh from forever ago!!

2 comments:

T Fowler said...

Lots of fun. We love round-up week. We'll break Dave into a true Lehite yet!

Lana said...

Next time your in Utah County swing by my place! I would love to see you both:) even if you are wearing the cowboy get-up!

Lana Banana