Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer movies





So over the last couple of days and the holiday Dave and I have watched quite a few movies!! We have loved it. We love movies but haven't seen very many lately. So we first rented "Alvin and the Chipmunks" through RedBox (which I think is the best thing invented for people who can't afford to see movies in the theatre all the time). We both enjoyed it but Dave liked it more than I did. Even though it's an older movie and not a summer movie, we still hadn't seen it. Then we saw Wall-E on the 4th of July. Again, Dave liked it more than I did but I thought it was funny. It seemed to me that there were a few messages in this pixar movie, more than the others. I've read a few opinions on this and haven't come up with a conclusion. I think it's a cute kid movie but that they also put in messages for parents when they see it with their kids. But I don't think it's anything to get offended over. Then on Saturday we saw Get Smart. Dave and I love Steve Carrell and "The Office" so we were really excited. Again, Dave loved it more than I did. My point is that I don't enjoy movies it's that I love summer movies and going to see movies when it's hot outside and you get to sit in a cool theatre and drink Sprite. That's one of the few things i love about summer time

5 comments:

Todd & Chelsea said...

Looks like you guys are having LOTS of summer fun! I love reading about all the updates:) You two are masters at cake making AND dutch ovening...you're making me hungary! BTW I love you're cowboy hat! We just got back from Mexico and I almost bought one just like it-now I wish I had! Oh, and isn't mario cart WII the awesomest?!

Great Dane said...

The family and I saw Wall-E on the 4th as well, and I thought it was really good. The short before the movie was the best. Mom is a big fan of The Red Box as well.

Ford Fam said...

We thought get smart was hilarious, who doesn't love steve carrell. I am a fan of going to movies any time I can get away, which is not that often!

T Fowler said...

I love Red Box; too bad we don't get to use it a lot. I agree with you on WALL-E; not my favorite Pixar movie. Seriously, how stupid can you make humans before turning off your audience. The robots were cute though. I haven't seen a really good movie in quite a while. Greg and I have just stopped going. Let us know if you run into something great.

Vanessa said...

I love steve carrell...what a hoot! I haven't seen get smart yet, but i want to! Sounds like you guys have so much fun!