This is Dave's other love of his life besides me, his 1974 Land Cruiser. We were faced with the decision of selling the Buick, that my parents graciously gave me when I got in my car accident two years ago. I was grateful for a car but hated driving it! It was a boat!! So we sold it and decided I would drive the Honda and Dave would drive his Land Cruiser. Well, after fixing it up a little bit (wink, wink) it is finally driving smoothly and fun to ride in. I made him clean it up a lot and get it looking nice and clean inside. We took it for a drive up the canyon tonight and had a fun relaxing time. We took these pictures on the way down. Most people don't think it's worth it to have a car like this to fix up and keep but I realized early on in dating Dave that he loved this car and that it was a hobby that was really fun for him. So I have graciously allowed him to fix it and drive it!! I have to say that I loved it tonight as much as he did, with the top off and mountain air it was a little slice of heaven, as dave would say!!
So I just barely checked your blog a few minutes ago to look at Fourth pictures and this post wasn't there yet. Don't you just love blogs! Looks like a lot of fun. I really don't understand guy's obsessions with cars but it's something I've just learned to nod my head and agree with; lucky for me, Greg just likes to dream about his cars and not actually follow through on buying that Lotus!
I'm so glad all you Randall girls have blogs! It's been so great for me to keep up with your lives. I still drive a boat of a Buick around. If I had money, I would buy myself a nice blue Mustang convertible! I've wanted one since high school.
You've blogged a ton since I last checked. Nice job! I love hearing about all your fun parties and vacations. Every cake you make is a work of art! I loved the birthday one that's like a flag. You're creative. I'm going to check this more often now that you're posting more! -Ilene
So a little bit about ourselves, Michelle and I met in October of 2006 and we hit it off, in September of 2007 we were married. Since then we have been super busy with school but have both graduated, Michelle with her Masters of Social Work and me with my Bachelor's in Political Science. We both are busy with work - she is currently working at a hospice company, working part time and being a stay-at-home mommy, and I am working for a commercial real estate company. We just welcomed the newest member of our little family, Marcus Scott, and he is the love of our life. Life has been busy but wonderful!
5 comments:
So I just barely checked your blog a few minutes ago to look at Fourth pictures and this post wasn't there yet. Don't you just love blogs! Looks like a lot of fun. I really don't understand guy's obsessions with cars but it's something I've just learned to nod my head and agree with; lucky for me, Greg just likes to dream about his cars and not actually follow through on buying that Lotus!
I'm so glad all you Randall girls have blogs! It's been so great for me to keep up with your lives. I still drive a boat of a Buick around. If I had money, I would buy myself a nice blue Mustang convertible! I've wanted one since high school.
Looks like fun, although I think a pony tail must be a requirement for you.
You've blogged a ton since I last checked. Nice job! I love hearing about all your fun parties and vacations. Every cake you make is a work of art! I loved the birthday one that's like a flag. You're creative. I'm going to check this more often now that you're posting more! -Ilene
Awhhh its good to see Dave with his TWO LOVES! Looks like Cruiser is drivable! yipeee! You two are the cutest...
Post a Comment