We have been planning for this day for a while. We knew Marcus would start pre-school when he was 3 but we didn't know he would be in 2 pre-schools. We had talked to our neighbor, Amanda, about Marcus being in her pre-school when Marcus was a little baby (in case her pre-school was booked up). Marcus also qualified to go to the granite school district pre-school for free because of his speech delay. We decided to have him attend Calvin Smith Elementary (6200 south and close to redwood road) because he would be bused and then Lucy wouldn't have an interruption for her morning nap.
Marcus rode the bus for his first day to Calvin Smith Elementary. We had been to the school before to meet his teachers and see his classroom. Dave and I were really nervous for him to ride the bus and I was more nervous that he would pee his pants. He is potty trained but he still has accidents and needs me to remind him to go.
We snapped some cute pictures of Marcus before he left. Dave and I were more nervous than he was.


I think this last picture sums up how it went. Marcus looks about like he is ready to cry and after he got up on the bus he did cry. That made Dave and I cry as the bus was driving away. I had no idea it would be so tough but he just looked so small to be riding the bus by himself. I went inside the house as the bus drove away and I just balled for at least half an hour. I was so nervous for him because he can't communicate very well.
Marcus has great teachers named Miss Bonnie and Miss Becky.
I was waiting for him when he came off the bus. His pants were dry so he didn't have an accident which was my first thought. Then I looked at his face and he looked shell shocked. He didn't say much to me when we walked into the house, even when I took him to the bathroom. He looked exhausted but I was so proud of him for getting through his first day of pre-school!
Marcus rode the bus for his first day to Calvin Smith Elementary. We had been to the school before to meet his teachers and see his classroom. Dave and I were really nervous for him to ride the bus and I was more nervous that he would pee his pants. He is potty trained but he still has accidents and needs me to remind him to go.
We snapped some cute pictures of Marcus before he left. Dave and I were more nervous than he was.


I think this last picture sums up how it went. Marcus looks about like he is ready to cry and after he got up on the bus he did cry. That made Dave and I cry as the bus was driving away. I had no idea it would be so tough but he just looked so small to be riding the bus by himself. I went inside the house as the bus drove away and I just balled for at least half an hour. I was so nervous for him because he can't communicate very well.
Marcus has great teachers named Miss Bonnie and Miss Becky.
I was waiting for him when he came off the bus. His pants were dry so he didn't have an accident which was my first thought. Then I looked at his face and he looked shell shocked. He didn't say much to me when we walked into the house, even when I took him to the bathroom. He looked exhausted but I was so proud of him for getting through his first day of pre-school!















No comments:
Post a Comment