Halloween this year turned out to be really fun. Halloween is not my favorite holiday, I hate thinking of a costume. But with the Kelly family halloween party and seeing our cute nieces and nephews in their costumes it turned out to be a lot of fun. Every year the Kelly family gets together to carve at least two pumpkins each. And this is not just carving a silly face this is serious carving. So here we are with our first round of carving.



Dave was so excited to pick out pumpkins this year and of course he had to get the biggest one there. This pumpkin was huge and by the time he had gutted it everyone else was done carving and he was still going. :( I didn't want to say "I told you so" to his face so I'll say it now :)

These two pumpkins were dave and I's. He did the wolves which in my opinion was the best one there and then I did a bat.

Here is the final product!! James, Dave's brother carved Jim and Dwight from "The Office". It's always a lot of fun to see the final product of all the pumpkins.

Then on Halloween night we went down to my sisters house in Lehi to hang out. She made homemade donuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. They were amazing!! Here is my nephew Gavin as a BYU football fan, then the other niece and nephews I didn't get pictures of were: enoch - a cowboy with a nerf water gun, Carson - Buzz lightyear, Brynnley - Tinkerbell. They had taken their costumes off by the time we got there.


And here is the cutest little flower you will ever see. My niece Kate wore her costume all night because it was her pajamas. My sister Tresa who is so creative when it comes to making homemade costumes sewed a stem on her sleeper and then a flower on her hat. Isn't she adorable!! All in all halloween was a lot of fun. We ended the night with me typing as Dave dictated to me a paper that was due by midnight. He e-mailed it in at 11:45 p.m. :)
5 comments:
Those pumpkins are amazing! Between those and your cakes, you guys make quite the artists! I never knew you were so artistic!!
Your jack-o-lanterns are incredible. What a fun tradition. Poor Dave, scrapping the seeds out is no fun! It was great to have you down for Halloween. We need to get together again and actually watch a movie or something! PS - Kate is the cutest flower I've ever seen!!
I am glad that you posted our pictures of the great pumpkins. all that came and did treat or treating here loved them. They think our family is amazing, which we are.
I am super impressed with the pumpkins, I stick with my bat thanks! It was fun to see you, Carson LOVED the licorice rope too!!
I'm finally checking blogs again! Nice car! We've been looking for a while now for a larger car, but haven't quite done it yet. We need someone like your dad here to help! Your family pictures are beautiful and I love the jack-o-lanterns. Happy Birthday late too! In early October I thought, "Michelle's birthday is on the 22nd" many times, then who knows what happened when the day came. I just barely realized that I missed it! Sorry, it sounds like Dave made it a great day.
Post a Comment