Saturday, March 22, 2014

Daniel Tiger

We all were watching TV one night and I was looking at facebook, scrolling through the boring yet interesting posts. I had started following "Danier Tiger's Neighborhood" to get the free printables for Marcus. He LOVES this show and I like it too because it teaches him about feelings. So as I'm looking through facebook I see an update from Daniel Tiger that says he will be coming to the Salt Lake County Library. I start screaming and telling Marcus that Daniel Tiger is coming! He got so excited and ran to the upstairs door and waited. He started crying when we told him Daniel Tiger wasn't coming to our house but to the library in a few weeks. I shouldn't have said anything and now I've learned my lesson to keep my mouth shut and not tell Marcus about anything until right before.




The day finally came when Daniel Tiger was coming to the library. Marcus could hardly contain himself. When he saw him he was in shock. He wasn't scared he just stared at him. He finally warmed up to him and gave him a big hug. I think he was bigger than what Marcus thought he would be. On TV he is so small but in real life he is REALLY big! Marcus's friend Lucas and his family met us there. Lucas also loves Daniel Tiger. Mabel joined us a little later but was also so excited to see Daniel Tiger. Marcus enjoyed being with his friends Lucas and Mabel and finally meeting Daniel Tiger!


They got all sorts of fun stuff like masks, a little box to put a kitty stuffed animal in, and a trolley to color and cut out.













Lucy wasn't that into it. She really loved splashing in the water outside of the library.


No comments: