Sunday, May 20, 2012

Swimming Lessons

We are going to lake powell in August with my sister Tresa's family. In February we took marcus swimming at my niece Kate's birthday party. He hated it and would not let go of my arms. So I thought we would sign him up for a mom/tot swimming class to get him used to the water. I can sum it up in one sentence: Marcus is no longer afraid of the water and is too comfortable. He loves swimming, more so the toys and the big water toy with the slide than the actual swimming. It's a very relaxed class and is basically just there to have your toddler have fun in the water. I made dave come to this last one so we could get some pictures, he was all over the place and I couldn't keep up with him. He went completely under the water a few times and didn't even cry. I think he's going to have a blast at Lake Powell, as long as I can not constantly worry about him!



1 comment:

Jessie said...

Where are you taking your swim lessons? We are going to Lake Powell in August too and I am super nervous. Last summer Bronson wasn't a fan of going to the pool and I am worried about how Lake Powell will go. So anyway, I would love to get him into some lessons but have no clue where to go.....