Marcus is so dang cute! There are a couple of pictures where I think he looks JUST like his dad!!!
So about the swaddling thing... I bought a sleep sack and decided one night to try it. He was recovering from a cold and I think that helped to make the experience HORRIBLE. He pulled his binki out, threw it across the crib, and cried and cried and became hysterical for 3 hours straight. I finally couldn't handle it and figured that with the cold he needed a good nights sleep, so I swaddled him and waited until he was completely well. I then decided to try it again. Only this time I put a swaddle blanket under him. Once he was in the sleep sack, I very loosely swaddled one arm and left the other one free. He freed his other arm sometime during the night, but having it swaddled when he first fell asleep really helped. He did really well and slept through the night, only waking once. The next night I did the same thing, and then by the third night I left both arms unswaddled. And he has done great ever since. I DO, however, still swaddle him in his swaddle blanket during naps, just because it helps him to nap longer (and mommy likes to get things done during nap time!). But I don't use the Swaddle Me anymore, just the blanket because then he is able to free his hands if he wants. As for the binki thing, I have stopped giving him his binki when he first goes to sleep at night. If I do, he wakes up when he spits it or pulls it out, and then cries until I go put it back in his mouth. That got tiring. Now that I don't give him the binki at night, he sleeps without waking and needing anything, and if he does wake, he is able to soothe himself. But nap time, when he is swaddled, I do still give him the binki.
Hopefully this helps you out a little bit. It really was hard at first. I have a hard time letting my guy "cry it out". But now he sleeps so well and usually just talks to himself in his crib until he falls asleep. Now I just need to try not swaddling during naps... ;)
So a little bit about ourselves, Michelle and I met in October of 2006 and we hit it off, in September of 2007 we were married. Since then we have been super busy with school but have both graduated, Michelle with her Masters of Social Work and me with my Bachelor's in Political Science. We both are busy with work - she is currently working at a hospice company, working part time and being a stay-at-home mommy, and I am working for a commercial real estate company. We just welcomed the newest member of our little family, Marcus Scott, and he is the love of our life. Life has been busy but wonderful!
5 comments:
Thanks for the darling Valentine! What a wonderful way to celebrate--with someone who gives so much love! We love you, Marcus!
Ahh, thanks little guy for the Valentines Day wishes!!
Ahh, thanks little guy for the Valentines Day wishes!!
Marcus is so dang cute! There are a couple of pictures where I think he looks JUST like his dad!!!
So about the swaddling thing... I bought a sleep sack and decided one night to try it. He was recovering from a cold and I think that helped to make the experience HORRIBLE. He pulled his binki out, threw it across the crib, and cried and cried and became hysterical for 3 hours straight. I finally couldn't handle it and figured that with the cold he needed a good nights sleep, so I swaddled him and waited until he was completely well. I then decided to try it again. Only this time I put a swaddle blanket under him. Once he was in the sleep sack, I very loosely swaddled one arm and left the other one free. He freed his other arm sometime during the night, but having it swaddled when he first fell asleep really helped. He did really well and slept through the night, only waking once. The next night I did the same thing, and then by the third night I left both arms unswaddled. And he has done great ever since. I DO, however, still swaddle him in his swaddle blanket during naps, just because it helps him to nap longer (and mommy likes to get things done during nap time!). But I don't use the Swaddle Me anymore, just the blanket because then he is able to free his hands if he wants. As for the binki thing, I have stopped giving him his binki when he first goes to sleep at night. If I do, he wakes up when he spits it or pulls it out, and then cries until I go put it back in his mouth. That got tiring. Now that I don't give him the binki at night, he sleeps without waking and needing anything, and if he does wake, he is able to soothe himself. But nap time, when he is swaddled, I do still give him the binki.
Hopefully this helps you out a little bit. It really was hard at first. I have a hard time letting my guy "cry it out". But now he sleeps so well and usually just talks to himself in his crib until he falls asleep. Now I just need to try not swaddling during naps... ;)
Good luck!
He is absolutely adorable!!!
Post a Comment