Wednesday, March 2, 2011

7 month

Marcus is 7 months old!!  Dave and I love Marcus more every day because of how interactive he is becoming towards us. He gets cuter every day, if that is even possible. His eye lashes have grown and they are now curling, just like his daddy's. Evey day Marcus melts our hearts and makes us smile and laugh. Here are some highlights from the month:

  • We introduced the sippy cup because Marcus was getting constipated because of the apple sauce we were feeding him. We started feeding him apricot nectar and he LOVES the sippy cup. He's really messy with it but also loves the nectar.
  • He is still rolling everywhere and sitting up for a few minutes at a time, we are working on getting him to support himself sitting but he gets tired and likes to be on his back
  • We finally stopped swaddling him after realizing he is mr houdini and just got out of it every time, no matter how tight. The transition to a sleepsack went really well, and he loves the freedom to roll around in his crib and be able to take his binky in and out of his mouth.
  • He is sleeping through the night from 8pm-6am!!
  • Marcus is mesmerized by other kids. At church he loves to stare at the kids and see what they are doing. He is so inquisitive and curious about other people. It's so fun to watch him being so curious.
  • His favorite song is "The wheels on the bus", he gets a big grin on his face every time we sing it with him.
  • He didn't cry at all when I took him to our pediatrician to get the second flu shot, I was shocked!!
  • He is a champion eater and will eat anything we make for him. His favorites are: bananas, carrots and plums.
  • His hair is out of control and growing longer on the sides than on top, we want to give him a haircut but feel he is a little young.
  • Marcus loves bathtime and chewing on the rubber duckies, they have now become one of his favorite toys.
  • We feel so lucky to have such an easy going little boy. He adapts to anything and is so easy to take care of. He loves life and I love to see his big smile and kicking legs and arms each morning when he wakes up. We love you Marcus!!!

Having fun with daddy

He has his daddy's cheesy grin, I love it!


He loves to chew on the washrag when we try to wash his face after he eats

Marcus is so lucky to get fed by his mom and his dad. He adapts so well to nursing but also eating out of a bottle. Since he was born, Dave wanted to help out with feeding him and spending more time with him. So Dave feeds him a bottle at night with pumped milk. Dave and Marcus love this time together and Dave really looks forward to it. I love that Dave wants to be so involved with Marcus's care.

As you can see Toby loves to be a part of everything.


Look at that cute face, he loves rolling around in his pajamas in the morning.


He loves his stack toys, especially the stand




Whenever we give him his rubber duck toys he always sticks the head in his mouth and just leaves it there while we bathe him, so cute!!
Again, Toby always has to be involved

Marcus is noticing Toby more and more each day and Toby is also interested in Marcus but mainly gets jealous of him

I just wanted to show the swaddle blanket we used that was a life saver to allow marcus to sleep well. I know it looks like a straight jacket for babies but once he was swaddled he would fall right asleep.



Dave can get him to laugh more than anybody, I love to see the two play together


Marcus still loves his exercauser and now bounces all the time in it.

Mommy wanted a picture with marcus, he just wants the camera

I love this little guy so much!!


Marcus's new Easter church outfit (a little early but he didn't fit in to his other one so we had to get him a new one) doesn't he look so handsome!!

6 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

He is so cute. I love his smile. I also love his hair. I can't believe how big he is getting.

Grandmakicki said...

I love that you post so many pictures. Marcus is growing up to fast. Toby looks good also. Just love this family

Gayle J. Randall said...

What a great post! You are a keeper, Marcus! I still love that cute little grin you have. Something tells me the girls will love it too, someday. Love all the pics.

Anonymous said...

So cute! He looks like such a stud :) I love the froggie jammies, so adorable! He is getting so big!

Ford Fam said...

He looks so cute. I love the wild hair, it's one of the best parts about babies!

Ilene said...

Such cute pictures! He has grown a ton! It is way hard to give a first haircut--postpone it as long as you can. It's like you get emotionally attached to the baby hair.