So along with getting pregnant and buying a house, comes the decision to update the house you just bought. I know some of you have seen the work Dave and I have put into our house but I am finally getting around to posting before and after pictures of our family room. This is by far my favorite room in the house. It turned out just perfect for what we wanted. Dave did A LOT of work and I helped out where I could. So here is the explanation of the pictures so you can see the transformation.
This is how it looked when we moved in. Yes he left a microwave and a huge armoir thingy. Unfortunately we think they built the armoire in the room because we couldn't get it out and had to cut it up.
Here we are starting to rip the baseboards off and prepping everything. (We ripped out the carpet first thing because we realized that once the owner moved out and didn't have candles going then the carpet smelled like animal urine, guess what we found when we ripped up the 1970's carpet? Yep urine stains, oh the joys of owning a house)
We decided we didn't want an opening into the other room so Dave built a wall there and then that put in a closet! He is amazing!
Dave picked out the colors, red and green. I wasn't so sure but now they look great!
We found this light that works perfectly in this oddly shaped room. It's so long so a regular light would not be enough light for the entire room but Lowe's pulled through in the lighting department.
And here it is with new carpet!! I was so happy to come home after work and feel the new carpet under my toes.
And here is the finished product!! We bought a sectional couch with coupons from Knight's for moving and got a smokin' deal and the rest of our furniture fit perfectly. Toby even has a big pillow down there to relax on.
5 comments:
It looks great!
Great job you guys!!! Send Dave over our way :) SEriously.
You both did a very good job. nice to have a place where you can relax.
I love it! Don't you just love projects? We just closed on our new house and there are SOOO many projects. We'll be busy for a while :)
I love your family room! It is so comfortable and the perfect place to study my scriptures early in the morning. Thanks for making Dad and I feel so comfortable in your home.
Post a Comment