Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Drumroll please . . .

Dave and I have had a lot of change in the last few months, we bought a house, we got a dog, and now I guess it's time for the baby. Well the time has FINALLY come to announce the coming of little baby Kelly!!!! I am now 16 weeks pregnant today and we are going to be having a baby BOY on JULY 27, 2010!!! Dave and I are so excited to be parents and to be trusted with a little baby boy. Dave and I have been married for a little over two years and are both a little older than most parents are when they start having kids. So we are so excited to welcome this little one into our home. I wanted to wait until after my 16 week appointment to make sure everything was ok with the baby before we announced it to everyone, and during the ultrasound we were able to see, as our doctor called it, the baby's "little turtle". Maybe our baby's nickname will be turtle. We were not planning on finding out at this appointment but it was pretty clear. I have felt extremely lucky being pregnant because it has been so easy. I have only felt sick, but have not been sick. As long as I'm fed then I'm a happy pregnant woman (just ask Dave, it's pretty scary when I don't eat and I get hungry). Other than feeling yucky and being extremely tired (I have to take small naps in my car during the day while I'm at work), I have felt really blessed. Here is my 12 week picture, I don't really look pregnant, even now that I'm 16 weeks, but I'm not complaining about not being big.
We told our families that we were pregnant on Christmas. We gave Dave's mom a baby afghan book and yarn with a note that said "Get crackin".We gave my family a onesie that said "Baby's 1st Christmas" and gave Dave's extended family and grandma and grandpa a cute reindeer outfit. We had so much fun giving our family this for Christmas. We told my parents on Christmas Eve on Skype because they are in Africa. We told them that we like to plan big events for when they get home from their missions. Last time we got married a few weeks after they got home from their first mission, this time we are having a baby a month after they get home. They are planning to be home around July 4th and we are due July 27th. I was so happy when the doctor told us the due date because I knew my mom would be home to be with me during my first delivery.


We were hoping to give Dave's mom a little grand girl but I guess boys are in the Kelly family. Dave and I are so excited, and really scared, to raise a baby boy but so happy to know this little addition to our home will be only a few short months away.

18 comments:

Jessie said...

WOO HOO!!! Congrats Michelle :) I'm so excited for you and you guys will be such cute parents!!!

By the way, I just posted today on my blog announcing that a little bun will be joining our family in August!!! Hooray for babies!!!

Jackie H said...

Yeah! Every time I see on my reader that you've posted I hope that it's this news!

So happy for you to be having a boy. Claire spent a few nights with my parents last week, and I was alone with Kyle. I just kept thinking how wonderful it is to be the mom of a little boy.

So glad you're not too sick either! Congrats!

Aimee said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I am so excited for you guys. I am so glad you aren't feeling too sick either. And a boy! Yahoo.

Shanna and Brent said...

congratulations guys!!!! it will be fun to watch dave being a dad.... its good you're having a boy... you need to carry on those kelly genes!!!

Gayle J. Randall said...

Boys will be fun, but will have to get down(weight) to get into my senior scout uniform. These missions have no give us a lot of exercise in the assignments we have had. We are thrilled and fun to have to grandsons that will be close in age.
LOTS LOVE DAD

cwilson said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations!

Ross and Aubrey said...

Congrats!! You two will make wonderful parents :)

Kaye said...

So happy for you both! It will be the both the best and the hardest thing you ever do, but it will all be worth it. You'll be amazing parents.

Justin & Allison Harmon said...

Congratulations you guys! That's very exciting and I wish you all the best!

Ford Fam said...

Congrats! You know how excited we are. I'm glad McKay will have a boy cousin close in age!

T Fowler said...

Congratulations!

Somerset said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you.

Ben and Ash said...

Congrats you guys! I think that's great! Wish you the best in the months ahead.

Gayle J. Randall said...

We're so happy for both of you! This is such a wonderful time in your lives. Enjoy every minute of it! We are thrilled to be getting another grandchild, boy or girl, but I love the idea of "cousin pals" and I am glad McKay will have a cousin near his own age. Cute post! Thank you for the fun Skype to hear the news about our grandson!

Grandmakicki said...

I am excited to have a new one in July. I was dancing at work today when I told them. Great Grandparents are exicted to. I can hardly wait for July. Just hope it comes after the family vacation. Love you both

Tiare and James said...

Yay for Caleb to have a boy cousin! James lied to me at first and told me you guys were having a girl, which I was a little bummed because I wanted Caleb to have a friend, but then when he told me the truth I screamed I was so excited! You guys will be amazing parents!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Congrats you two!!! Wonderful news. You will be a great mother.

Amanda B. said...

Congrats to you!! I am so happy for you both. And what a lucky little baby to be coming to your family.