Yellowpine gets it's name from the yellowpine trees that you can smell. They smell like vanilla and smell so good!!
Here is my cute little niece Kate. She was so good the whole trip, minus the time she fell off the table and hit her head on the concrete (she's a trooper, as you can tell from this pictures)
We all went fly fishing and spinner fishing. As you can see from this picture, the only thing we caught was moss :( As a side note, enoch thought that the moss was alive and that we actually caught something that was living, he was scared of the moss until I explained it to him.
Playing "Settlers of Cataan" our favorite game to play with the Fowlers. Greg usually always wins and this game I was SOOOO close to winning but, you guessed it, Greg won.
As you can tell my brother Jarom is really excited about his smore concoction. He likes to put bananas on his smores, nobody liked it but him.
This was all our smores stuff. We had the traditional chocolate bars with white marshmallows. We also had vanilla with chocolate swirl marshmallows and Strawberry marshmallows. Then we had my favorite, the reese's smore, with a reese's peanut butter cup and white marshmallow, it was amazing!! Don't knock it til you try it, seriously.
My sister's family has a cool GPS unit that we go geocaching with and we were able to find the treasure, a little tupperware box with little toys in it. We left a striker for fly fishing and took a little toy.
Here is my parents trailer that they let us use while they are in Africa. It was SOOOO nice to have a fridge and space to store our food so we didn't have to worry about the animals.
Here is our camp, we had great tarps put up by Dave, Jarom, and Greg. Of course Enoch loved to play with the tarp poles and it about drove Dave crazy (he's really excited to one day have a four year old)
We hiked up over the Upper Stillwater Dam and couldn't beleive how low the water was, usually it's really high.
This picture is for my mom and dad. Here is where Jarom thinks his trees are growing. He planted trees here a few years ago for his eagle scout project.
Food is one of the best things when camping and we had these really delicious calzones in our dutch oven.
We had so much fun camping but can't wait until my parents can come with us next year!!
4 comments:
hey I think Tresa liked my banana smores, I think you decided you didn't like it before you tried it. I would know I do that a lot with food.
Looks like fun! I am still sad that we missed it, hopefully another year!
I loved the pictures of the trip! I almost feel like I was there. The banana smores sound so yummy! I'm with Jarom! Love the pictures of the moss! (Jarom looks pretty good, too!) We're so grateful that you could carry on the Yellow Pine tradition! We look forward to going again next year when we are home. I'm glad Jarom could find "his Scouting trees." Thanks for the post!
Looks way to fun to me, we have had good years there, I always really enjoyed riding the bike down from the dam and hiking the trail from the camp ground to the dam. Too bad on the fishing, remember when we caught so many that we could not get them off the hook fast enough. Thanks to all that worked so hard to make it nice Love DAD
Post a Comment