
I know most of you probably already know about this great free little program but I just wanted to say how much I love this free service. As most of you know my parents are on a mission in Africa and this is their second mission. Their first was to the Philippines and we thought it was so amazing to chat with them on Instant Messenger, we thought it was like having them here in Utah we just couldn't see or talk to them. Well since they left for this last mission technology has gotten even better and we have found that we can use this program called "SKYPE" and see and talk to my parents for free with out webcam. Luckily my laptop had a webcam so we didn't have to get one but it's amazing that we can see and talk to them whenever we are both awake :) I feel like they are still in Fairview and actually we probably talk more on skype now that they are in Africa. AMAZING!! I love technology and the way it can increase communication between people and help you still keep up important relationships no matter where you are in the world. So thank you skype for allowing me to still see and hear my parents even though they are in africa with the lions and tigers and elephants (you thought i was going to type something else)
5 comments:
It is fabulous, we probably don't use it as much as we should. But it is so fun!
We love having Skype, especially Gavin who, as you know, loves to call and talk to people. It is so fun to see Mom and Dad and have them see you and the kids. It's a great thing. Even though I can call you on the phone, it's still fun to chat on Skype because I can see you.
WE fired up Aunt Kay list night and laugh and talked for 1 hour. First time to Skype with her. Of course she works at home on her computer and is on all day, but hit her at a slow time-she is excited to be able to Skype with Grandma Jordan soon.(She thought the pet bird was funny) LOVE DAD
I talked to your mom and dad yesterday on Skype. It was awesome. I am a big fan of techonology myself. I love being able to get email from Eric instead of waiting a month for letters like we did with Brent.
Love the Skype! Missions are shorter and we are closer because of it!
Post a Comment