Thursday was my final graduation day. I was telling my husband that when I graduated with my undergraduate degree I never thought I would be wearing a cap and gown again. But I had to go back to school in order to obtain the education I need in order to work with the elderly in my career. Even though I graduated from the University of Utah I still cheer for my alma mater, Brigham Young University - GO COUGS!!! Attending school at the University of Utah was very different than the Y and that's why I elected to go somewhere different. I really enjoyed the social work program at the U and also studying Gerontology along with it.
Graduation day was a lot of fun. We had linner (we ate at 4:30 because I had to be there at 6:30 for pictures with my class) with my family and with Dave's family at Salt Lake Pizza and Pasta. I wanted a place that would be fun for all my cute nieces and nephews. It was a lot of fun to be together with both families and it meant a lot to me that they are all so supportive of this important event in my life. I have to say that the graduation was one of the weirdest I have attended. The speakers were interesting but they did stick to their 3 minute time limit and it wasn't too long!! Thanks to my supportive and loving husband who has been there through all the late nights of writing papers the night before they were due, listening to me complain about my practicum and walking in the snow to the hospital, and cheering me on at graduation. Thanks babe!! Now it is on to getting a job in the real world and making my contribution to society! Wish me luck! (here are some more pictures of the fun day)
8 comments:
Congratu-Freaking-Lations!!
Congrats! By the way your outfit looked great!
Sorry we couldn't be there! Congratulations! We're proud of you and can't wait to post that we're graduated on our blog :)
Congratulations on graduating Michelle! What a huge accomplishment. I can't wait to hear about the work you do.
Congrats on Graduating!
Michelle, I'm so glad I'm not the only one wanting to poke my eyes out! I really am going crazy. When I first started taking practice tests I would get like 50%. Just shoot me. As far as study tips, I just have the NASW study manual and I signed up for www.licensure.net. Its like 100 bucks for one month...it has practice tests, podcasts and different study quides. I'm not convinced its worth the money but i don't really know anything right now. Haha. If your interested let me know and I'll e-mail u my password and you can check it out...happy studying!
Congratulations Michelle! What an accomplishment. Have fun contributing to society with your degree--they'll love you!
We are so happy for you! Congratulations and good luck in the 'real world'. By the way, we got a kick out of your note thanking us for our 'monetary gift'. Greg is wondering when you became so formal.
Post a Comment