Friday, April 18, 2008

My last day of class forever!!

For the past two years this building has been my home away from home. I have had close to 17 classes in this building, the school of social work building. Well today I had my last college class of the rest of my life. People I tell that I am graduating and never going back often ask about me getting a Phd. I can honestly say that I will never go back to school, even if they paid for all of it! I am done with college for the rest of my life. It's been a challenge knowing I won't have a class schedule that runs my life and time because it's a consistent thing. However, it is nice to know I am moving on to a part of my life I have looked forward to for 6 years - WORK!! I know that may sound funny to those of you that work full time and hate it. However, I have worked 6 long years to be able to work full time in a job that I LOVE. So that I won't dread going to work every day. But the main reason for going to graduate school is to be able to help people. I believe work should be something that you make a difference in other people's lives, it's different for everyone. However my main passion in life has been wanting to help the elderly population of the world. Finally I have the education to do that and hopefully make a difference in someone's life. So as I bid farewell to my last day of class and looking forward to graduation and finding that perfect job I have no tears but a smile on my face.

5 comments:

Todd & Chelsea said...

YIPPIE!!!! Congrats! We made it :). I loved this post so much I stole the pic and some of your words. Hope u don't mind!! I'm so glad we met and hope to keep in contact. Best wishes!

Grandmakicki said...

Glad that you are done. Proud of you for staying with it for 6 years. Then you will be able to help your in-laws when we get old. Love you lots

The Horns said...

David its been a while, I wanted to cograts to who ever it was that finished school. Im trying to get my classes going again so I can finish school as well but its just a little harder with two kids. Hope to hear from you guys and maybe be able to meet your wife and you can meet my kids. My parents are trying to help fly me up to see them in August and I wanted to come and see your mom because its been a while. Well if you are not to busy ge check out my blog and then you can see my family. Hope to hear from you soo tell your mom Jackie says hello and I miss seeing everyone. hornpartyof6.blogspot.com here is my blog...

Aimee said...

Congrats, Michelle! I am proud of you and can't wait to see where your career takes you.

I'm sure I will be feeling this way in a year from now. It can't come soon enough.

Amanda B. said...

Michelle- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an amazing accomplishment!!! It must feel so wonderful to be done!