Sunday, May 18, 2008

New hobby

I know I have done a lot of posts lately but I'm just catching up from what I haven't had time to post about. Most of these posts are just for the journal part of blogging and nothing else. So when Dave and I were engaged he decided he wanted to make a spiderman cake for his nephew's birthday. So we got the pan from his sister and made the cake. We found that we really enjoyed decorating the cake together and also found that Dave and I were not bad at it and had fun doing it together. So we started the new hobby of decorating cakes. We registered for a cake decorating kit for our wedding and dave's family bought it for us. We have about 10 fun cake pans that we use to make cake's for our family's birthday parties and for our nieces and nephews. I joked with Dave that we should start a business on the side but he said absolutely not, we wouldn't make any money. So here are a few of our cakes we have made over the last couple of months. They are not perfect but a lot of fun to do together!!




This one was made for my best friend Ashleigh and her 27th birthday party!!
Here is the superman one for Dave's birthday

This picture is blurry but we made this for Dave's grandpa's birthday. He was a firefighter.

This was for a christmas party

This one was for Dave's brother-in-law Scotty, who loves playing guitar

This was our creation of Thomas the Train for my nephew Enoch, he loved it!!

This is an astronaut for my nephew Gavin and my brother-in-law Greg who love space stuff

This is the Cinderella cake we made for Dave's cousin.
(I thought it was one of the harder ones).

5 comments:

Ford Fam said...

I'm impressed. I have done a few of those cakes and they are really hard. I'm sad I didn't get to see the Thomas one, that looks cool! I LOVE all the posts!

Grandmakicki said...

You both do a good job on your cakes. But where is the one of Ariel? Amanda's and Grandma birthday?

Todd & Chelsea said...

I love your new posts...don't you feel like you have your life back? Hey no worries about paying me for the using my online study thing. I actually took the test today...and passed!!!! Yay! But I think there's like a week or two left on that thing so use it! Some of my other friends will probably too. Good luck. I

Payne-ic Attack said...

Michelle! You really could do a business. Do you have a book or something to get the ideas and know how to do it? Wow--I really am at a loss for words. You're professional. The family pics look great and congrats on getting a 4.0!!! Way to go out with a bang. -Ilene

T Fowler said...

You guys are awesome. I know my family loved their cakes. Keep up the fun hobby.