Sunday, April 24, 2011

9 month

 Marcus is now 9 months old and amazing us each day. Here are his stats from his 9 month wellness appointment:
  •  Weight: 20 lbs. 10 oz - 50th percentile
  • Length: 28 3/4 inches - 75th percentile
  • Head: 46 inches - 75th percentile
He didn't cry at the doctor's appointment when they drew his blood, I was so proud and surprised. I braced myself and gave him his binky and he didn't even flinch. Marcus continues to amaze Dave and I with his countenance and personality, we often wonder if he really is our kid (but he looks so much like Dave that we only wonder for a split second). He is so adaptable to any situation and nothing ruffles his feathers. We have found that he is not a fan of crawling, he loves to roll. We are working on the crawling and know once he starts to crawl he will find a whole new world. He smiles and laughs more than any other baby or person that I know. He constantly makes me smile with his little giggle and is so ticklish. He is always happy when he wakes up from his naps or in the morning and he really does "sleep like a baby". He sleeps from 8 pm - 7 am and then takes two, 1 1/2 hour naps during the day. It is amazing. He is so easy to read, you can usually tell what he needs. Which is good because neither Dave or I are easy to read. He still doesn't have teeth but we are not complaining, we have yet to experience teething. He will eat almost anything we make for him. He doesn't particularly like avacado, broccoli, or green beans. He loves his snacks of graham crackers, puffs, and especially his juice of apricot nectar. He has the cutest head of hair that has a mind of it's own. (we don't do anything with it). He is a self weaner with nursing, which made me sad, but I didn't want to force him to nurse so we followed what he wanted. Marcus loves to go out in public and ride in the shopping carts. He kicks his chubby little legs and just stares at everything and everyone. He talks to himself all the time and random people will smile and start laughing at him and tell me how cute he is. He loves Toby and always looks for him when he wakes up, Toby will stick his nose in the crib slats and lick his hand, it makes him giggle and laugh. Dave and I are so excited for the next few months and the changes that Marcus will make. Here are some pics from the last month.



 Dave or Michelle? I think more Dave

 Toys everywhere
 He is so messy when he eats his blueberries, but he loves them!

 He loves this play floor we bought from Costco for christmas, mainly to chew on all the little styrofoam pieces.
 Just woke up, but I love this picture.
 Where did my hair come from? From Daddy
 Dave wanted to see him ride Toby, he loved it

 Chillin' with dad


 This is our usual bath picture, except for me next to Toby. Toby loves to be right there while we bathe Marcus
 Don't you love his little tongue

 Marcus loves to be outside while we are working on our yard
 He loves Toby, I'm not so sure about the other way around
 Does he love to read? Maybe he just loves to chew on the pages :)


 Daddy's hat
 Dave and I cannot resist this cute little face, we kiss those chubby cheeks as much as we can

 Marcus already wants to help out so bad

Somebody save me!!

4 comments:

Gayle J. Randall said...

Our little Marcus is just too cute for words! What a Daddy's boy! I love his wild hair and that cute little grin. He is a peacemaker. What a great quality to know about already! I love you so much, Marcus! We're so glad you're part of our family

Emily said...

He really is the cutest little guy. Eliza is ALWAYS talking about him. Those are great pictures!

Enjoy your perfect baby! :)

Scotty and Michelle said...

Such a little cutie! his hair cracks me up everytime I see him. I love that he loves Toby so much too and that Toby wants to be by him all the time, so precious. I hope our little girl is as cute as her cousin!

T Fowler said...

What an adorable and happy little guy!