Wednesday, December 15, 2010
The letter "L"
I never thought one little letter in the alphabet would mean so much to me and this time in my life. Since I have graduated with my Master's my life has been up and down and everywhere else. But one thing I have been working towards is passing my licensing exam and working on hours towards become an LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker). The licensing exam was a huge debacle the first time but eventually I passed it and next to my wedding day and my son being born it was the happiest day of my life. Well yesterday I finally finished the last task I will ever have to do for my career and schooling. I got my LCSW license!!!!! Just to educate you about social work, when you get out of school you have an MSW (Masters of Social Work), then you get a license to become a CSW (Clinical Social Worker), which means you have to work under someone that has and LCSW and you have to be supervised by that person. Once a week you meet with your supervisor and talk about your patients and caseloads. Once you work 4,000 hours under that supervisor and have passed the licensing exam then you can apply for your LCSW license which means you can practice social work and be a mental health therapist on your own, and the best part - you get paid more $$$!! I wasn't going to work towards this goal following graduation because of a few different reasons but I decided it might be best for me later on down the road. So now that I have the "L" in the list of letters behind my name I can get paid more and say that I am an LCSW. The last two and a half years since graduating Dave has been so supportive of this goal, he has pushed me and coached me to realize this is something I need to finish. I grew up never thinking I would need a career in my life, but life never goes the way you want it to or expect it to. I am so grateful for my education and my career in my life. It's difficult to juggle a career and being a full time mom and eventually I will only have to juggle the full time mom but I'm glad that I have a career that I love and gives me a sense of accomplishment in my life. Thanks for listening to me on my soap box for a little bit. Thanks to Dave for supporting me and to Marcus for understanding, I love you both so much!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Congrats to you Michelle! That is an amazing accomplishment!
And Marcus is soooooooooo adorable. Really. What an adorable baby.
Hope to see you Sunday!
Way to go. Proud of you for meeting your goal. What a great way to end the year with a new baby who is so cute and LCWS.
There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears in that little "L," but it signifies so much. Mostly it signifies that you can set a goal and work very hard until you accomplish it. Just so you know, this day is a "parent payday," too. All parents hope that their children will learn some of the wonderful life lessons you have learned. I love you and am "well pleased" with all you have become!
That's great Michelle! Glad you are all doing well!
That's wonderful! I know you have worked very hard for that 'L'. Congratulations!
wooohhooooooo!
Michelle that is AWESOME! Congrats!! I bet it's so nice to be done with that!! Congrats again!!
Congrats! I know how hard you have worked! Such a good accomplishment!
What?!?! I see you daily, and I had no idea. You and your family are amazing to me!!! We love you all! Okay maybe Marcus a little bit more. :) Aunt Kathryn
Hooray and Congrats on the "L"!!! What an awesome accomplishment :)
I must be totally out of the loop as your sister-in-law, but congrats!! You have worked hard and you juggle it all so well! good job, we are proud of you!
Post a Comment