Sunday, December 13, 2009
In remembrance
On Saturday my brother, Dave and I were able to go to the temple in the yearly tradition of remembering my twin sisters. My mom had twin daughters only 10 months before me, they were premature and ended up both passing away when they were only a few days old. It was a very hard time for my parents and I'm sure me nor my siblings know what my parents went through. But every year on their birthday, December 13th we try to go to the temple to remember them. Since my parents are in Africa we wanted to continue doing it. We got as many family members as we could, and went to the Mt. Timpanogas Temple. It was a very special time for me in that I realized for the first time how close it is to Christmas. I never thought of what that Christmas must have been like for my parents. They are both very strong individuals and I will never know how they managed to pull through that experience. I think the one thing that has always held our family together during times of trial is the Gospel. I can't wait to see my older sisters one day and be able to get to know them and share sister stories. Thanks mom and dad for your strength and testimonies in the Gospel. We missed you on Saturday but know your thoughts and hearts were with us. We love and miss you Amy and Angela, and will see you both one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Michelle--I have known you my whole life and I never knew this! What a trial for your parents. It's amazing what people are asked to face. I have an aunt that also lost twin girls in about 1982 and they had the same names.
Taylor asked when we (everyone from the reunion) would be getting together again. Apparently he had a fabulous time at Los that night. Let's try to do something after the holidays.
Thank you so much, Dave, Michelle and Jarom for going to the temple for us to remember Angela and Amy. We thought of you and appreciated your doing this for us. Someday what fun it will be to know them better and make new family memories with them. We love you all--those who were remembered, those who remembered at the temple and those who remembered with their own families in their own "temple" homes. We love all of you so much!
Michelle,
I remember a long time ago you vaguely told me about your twin sisters. However, I didn't realize that they were only 10 months older than you. Now that we are grown, it hits home a lot harder. Your parents are very strong having gone through that trial, and thank goodness for the Gospel! Thanks for sharing and reminding me of this. What a sweet and special thing to do on their birthday. It brings tears to my eyes! I'm sure it will be a tender and loving reunion with your WHOLE family! Love ya!
Post a Comment