Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Randall Family monthly outing

So since my parents have been away to Africa our family has made the goal to still do things together and not allow our family to fall apart, even though our parents are gone. I have to say that it's harder to get family together because of everyone's busy schedules. But there is no where else I would rather be than with my family. This months activity we wanted to get together with our extended family in Ogden. My dear Uncle Allan who passed away last year left his sweet wife alone and we want to make sure we still visit her so we went up to Ogden to the tree museum. Before that we stopped at my Aunt Cleone's place to have pizza, salad, fruit, and dessert. My Aunt Elaine and Uncle Max were able to come also, it was so much fun seeing them. I have to say I have great Aunt's and Uncle's, even though they are quite a bit older than my dad. (my dad was born when my grandma was 45, a little bit of a surprise. And I found out on this trip that my Aunt Elaine in the white sweater below had a baby the same time my dad was born, weird). Having lunch was fun and just relaxing and catching up. The kids were having fun playing with all the cool toys my Aunt Cleone has. Then we headed off to the tree museum. If you ever get to go there it's right across the street from the temple and it's really inexpensive, compared to the kids museum in Salt Lake. We had a lot of fun dressing up and going from room to room. Here are some pictures from the day.


Here we are in Kenya, for my parents



My cute little nieces dressing up in the chinese clothes

My silly brother-in-law Greg and my brother Jarom




My cute husband and my brother sitting in the tree :)

Boys will be boys when it comes to building stuff

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jarom and Greg look great in the leopard outfit--"great sports". Thanks to all for getting together and helping all to be together.
LOVE LOVE DAD

T Fowler said...

It was a really fun day. thanks for putting it together. Our family had a great time.

Gayle J. Randall said...

It made us feel so close to all of you to see the fun you had together, especially in the "Kenya" room. It really means a lot that you would include Aunt Cleone, Uncle Max and Aunt Elaine. Thank you, Michelle

Ilene said...

Cute pictures and good to catch up on your blog. I'll have to tell my family about that museum. Yesterday when I was driving kids to mutual I remembered it was Emi's birthday and it was too late to call by the time I got home. I'm remembering again now and have to e-mail her. Have you seen her at all since her wedding? I like your thoughts about life and everything else.