Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Licensing and more licensing

So I know i haven't put a post up for a while we just haven't had that many exciting things in January, now that the holidays are over. But this last week on Saturday Dave had some really good news arrive in the mail, his real estate license. Now for most people obtaining a license for their occupation is easy. For Dave and I, our road to licensing for our occupations was a trial in our lives, individually and married. For me, it took me twice to pass my test seven months of constant studying. For Dave it took him a year and a half to take the class, shell out a huge amount of money, and then finally get the piece of paper that says "Active". This process has taught us both a lot of lessons in our lives and marriage. Here are the top 10:
1. Life doesn't always go as you plan
2. If there is something really important in life you are suppose to do, satan will do everything he can to stop that from happening
3. Patience is a life long lesson
4. Going through life's challenges with a partner and best friend is so much more bearable than alone.
5. Hard work is worth every minute of pure bliss.
6. No matter what you do, it always seems like it costs money to get the license to do it. (and not a one time fee, but a yearly fee :(
7. A little piece of paper can say and mean a lot
8. Working right now in career's that we love is a huge blessing, with the economy as it is
9. Getting to where you want in your career is a lifelong process
10. Dave has worked so hard to get this license and be happy in his career and is such a hard worker and an amazing husband!!

We are both grateful that the road of licensing is over and that we can work in our career's as a social worker and in real estate for the rest of our lives. That's the plan, but we never know what might happen in the future. Until then we are grateful we have had each other for this long awful process and that we were there to support each other. Dave listened to me cry and cry when I didn't pass my licensing exam the first time and then the following months as I cried because I didn't feel like I should study because i had graduated. Doing it together has meant more for us and our marriage than doing it when we were single. We have felt the power of satan try to distract us, discourage us, and constantly work on both of us as we have tried to overcome these challenges. But with love and prayer we both finally have our licenses!! Good job sweetie, I'm so proud of you!!

6 comments:

Ford Fam said...

congrats, that is exciting. It is true, how can a piece of paper stand for so much!

Ben and Ash said...

Dave I had no idea that you wanted to be a realtor when you grew up! Congrats!

You guys are awesome and you're right...marriage is the BEST!

T Fowler said...

congratulations on a huge accomplishment! Do something fun to celebrate.

Scotty and Michelle said...

way to go Dave! So proud of you (and Michelle too)

Grandmakicki said...

I did not know that your piece of paper with the word ACTIVE came. So proud of you both. Just one more thing off the list and many more to go. Great picture to end with, both of you having fun and laughing.

Todd & Chelsea said...

Wow. You guys have had some licensing drama!! Glad to hear everything has worked out in the end. I so relate to you things you've learned along the way.